Create your free account now! Sign up

Latest changes

If you have a long member name (more than 16 characters) or unusual characters ( @ & ? etc.) let me know if you see any errors or have problems with anything. The names are a bit more restricted now due to being used for e-mail and web addresses also and I wasn't able to fully test for every possibility initially.

Member e-mail addresses are working even though I haven't added a place to setup your account yet. If you want the (you)@cabl.com mail forwarder address now drop me a note, it only takes me a few seconds to do it manually. The web sites are taking a little more time. DotNetNuke (http://www.dotnetnuke.com) is installed and ready to go, I just need to learn more of the administrative end before letting people start building sites. It's very cool, easy to make and update a nice site with great features.

Still a lot coming in the Bar too, I just didn't have time to debug everything on this go. The major change is done so everything going forward should be easier, no having to take the site down, etc. Expect more additions in a few days.

The Linemen forum is working again. Arguing, cursing, and all that less-than-professional type behavior so many crave is allowed in there only. Subscribing is meant to be a little difficult so the average visitor can't accidentally fall into it. Here it is: Post a message to this forum (Site Issues) saying only "Subscribe Linemen" (without the quotes) and the forum will then appear under the "Subscribed" category in the menu. Use the same method but put "un" in front of "subscribe" to get rid of it.

There are a few more subscription forums but they're for things like DotNetNuke sites and ADDAPT (free catv design software) that still aren't implemented. I'll be adding more of those specialized forums under the Subscribed category in the future.

Keep up the problem reports, we're getting there.
This is CABL.com posting #147081. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMqr
There are 8 replies to this message
Re: Latest changes Splicer Life 4me 6/2/2005 2:48:00 PM
Re: Latest changes Midwest Splicing 6/1/2005 11:24:00 AM
Re: Latest changes stupidcableguy00 5/31/2005 9:08:00 PM
Re: Latest changes KPDOG 5/31/2005 8:43:00 PM
Re: Latest changes Launch tech 5/31/2005 7:58:00 PM
avatar guerillasplicer 5/31/2005 6:58:00 PM
Re: Latest changes oldschoolgal 5/31/2005 6:51:00 PM
avatars guerillasplicer 5/31/2005 6:50:00 PM