Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Reel Wrap Information

Member Uploaded Image

Here is a pic of it.

It is a JTE (Jovial Test Equipment) model 1001 Cable Fault Finder. I did a search on ebay but could not find anything. I am sure an electrical supply house would be able to order one.

Or do like I did and keep and eye out at the pawn shops(nod)

Hell, when I saw it I did not even know what it did for sure and neither did the pawn guy, but I had a good idea. So, I took it out to my bucket and reeled off a hundred feet of RG6 with my tape measure, and set the VOP... right on the money... doubled it around in half and cut it and 51'.

I have since checked it with many coax cables new (625, 875, QR (higher VOP), etc) and old, side by side with TDR's and an FDR meter. It has been on the money every time. It took me a while to be able to trust it, but I have never found it to be wrong.

The best thing is it gives a quick reading... from the time you turn it on, till you have a footage, is like 2 seconds or less - nearly instant.

It can shoot through taps (provided they are newer), but not splitters or actives... well I haven't actually tested that... but I am sure the same rules apply as a tdr...

It also tests romex, THHN in conduit, out door extension cord, twisted bell wire, all coaxial cables, speaker wire, cat 5, quad flat telephone wire... according to the back. Input is protected to 250 VAC as well

Good luck man, I hope this info helps you out!

Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #146715. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMkx
Posted in reply to: Re: Reel Wrap Information by Wolf1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Reel Wrap Information Wolf1 5/25/2005 8:06:00 AM