Create your free account now! Sign up

Help/Info with Cascade S/A Equipment (The old way

Hey fellow Cable Cowboys.

This is what I have for anyone that can help....

It is alot I know...tell me about it.....

I am a bit overwhelmed as for the big scope of things. There are no maps of the system that I work for. There is mostly areial, but a bit of u/g. All equipment is the run of the mill mid-80's cable built on 330. Equipment is S/A w/ 500 feeder (some 625) and 750 trunk. All amps in cascade as deep as 48 (!!) with the old 330 spacing from what I am seeing. This system looks to be mostly untouched with minor plant extentions/ect. Basicly, "Christmas Light Cable" (one amp goes out they all do.) EQs are min 400 MHz with some 450MHz. Most equipment is the refrb. Comsonics gear that is anywhere from 330 to 450. Highest channel is 55.

As setup right now:

LEs run 48/42 (30dBg)
TRUNK run 36/30 (22dBg)

What I would like to know:

*What is the start for the drop off for 400 MHz / 450 MHz EQs, LEs, Trunk, Bridgers?

*What is (I know this will differ) the optimal inputs and outputs of Bridgers, LEs, Trunks ?

*What is the CORRECT LE and Trunk amp spacing for 400 MHZ ?

*Will / Could higher inputs and outputs cause bridgers/LE's to fail ?

*When HAVING to use 330 equipment in this system where is it best used ? End of line ?

*What is the roll off for 330 MHz equipment?

*Is there way to tell in S/A equipment (LE/Bridger/TRUNK by board config or something else what the frequency limit is?

*IS there frequency limits on feedermakers? IF so, how can you tell?

Are there any programs for PDAs ect. that uses specs from S/A equipment to help out ? OR just cable loss/type ect to figure out pad and EQ value without having to just resort the the pad formula (IN dB+AMP GAIN- 1dB EQ LOSS=difference from amp input) or EQ formula (LOSSxDISTANCE=spacing)

There are probably a ton of other questions I could ask...

IF anyone could help with all or any questions..

And maybe even tell me things I may not know about such equipment that would be great.

Thanks all in advance.

This is CABL.com posting #146539. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMhH
There are 4 replies to this message