Create your free account now! Sign up

HSP'd off

One gentleman wrote earlier about a union organization deticated towards "in home" installers that work with HSP's,
I also noticed that his post was erased.

WHO will speak for the different guy-the one using his home phone and sontract technicians in the field. This is how we collectively saved Florida from the hurricanes problematic doings, contractors.

Yesterday It was announced that ALL of the DBS were going to go through the construct of HSP's from work deriving from from Best Buy.'Probably a start of a trend.
Out of the 700 some-odd technical companies-it will lay off more people that anything in the history of Satellite with/without Installs Inc.

These good and hard working people deserve better than to be forced into working with an HSP. (Some or most of you know the intolerance we have communially shared with one in the south.)
I will not do a satellite for 35/20 or whatever the now 'norm; is.
The point being, that DTV will self destruct, perhaps. What was ol' Rupe thinking.?? Ya get what ya pay for....
Saving Money?-yup.

Truly, If II was making mistakes then it would have known and corrected the problem immediately. I , (we corporately) have seen techs that couldnot even tie thier own laces without a manual. The rest of us could more likely build head ends, balance systems and the like.

I spoke to a DTV guy unmentioned that is looking for more HSP's to fill DMA areas instead of just one. Are we to believe that out history of well over 70% of installations are taken and handed down to independents will now be covered by a single company or HSP? It will bottleneck, I am certain.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at a QC meeting in the near future-where the HSP sticks $200 towards an intaller for a $30 hardship, and expects him/her not togo towards a cable company.
After all-it is the same business- you get a customer, make a call- great and service them and shake hands bye!

I am an old school kind of guy-I have seen this so many times that it makes me gag. Corporate polotics and mis'aligned appropriations.

I ask again, who will help each other out or erase this sensative post.
Who is willing to be an antagonist rather than a quitter?

Thanks
JG
Good luck. (confused)
This is CABL.com posting #146217. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMcv
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: HSP'd off Gwester843 5/13/2005 7:43:00 AM