Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv and a union

Do it!!! Start with the sbca's where you work with names and numbers. careful who you discuss it with i.e. not in house sbca's, the guy next to you actually doin' the work and bitchin' daily about the same situation. compile those names and numbers and keep 'em to yourself. then get back to the board. the rest of us on this board can do the same. when there's enough replies we can set a central contact number and then discuss it. if you're not contracting and working for an hsp it can happen. if your contracting and gettin' screwed you must have a few middlemen before it gets to you. i.e. retailer thats collecting sales and skimming off your labor to boot. dtv actually pays. it's the chumps in between thats gettin' your good stuff. they don't hire out to independents. they hire out to big boys that gaurantee the 100's of installs per day. these big boys call themselves employers. the only thing making them employers is the fact they pull taxes and tell you what you're gonna do today and for how much. dtv doesn't give a crap as long as it gets done! they do pay and i'm aware of how much. it was actually part of cert. about 10 years ago and actually told you you couldn't work for less. i.e. 33 1/2 cents a mile over 25 mi. 10 years ago!!!!! want to start somethin'? finish it!!!! Later, Mike M.
This is CABL.com posting #145864. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mL6O
Posted in reply to: Directv and a union by jjellison
There are 0 replies to this message