Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: When Is It Going To Start Coming Back

The next major task of any MSO or system operator will be to stave off completion from over builders and the teleco industry . I will for the purposes of this discussion exclude DISH folks right now.
Extra income to the operators will come from additional service off excising high capacity (bandwidth) plant. For some this may mean bringing fiber closer to the home. For those in the construction field this is the next opportunity to make money. However fiber is not a mystery, it is easy to install. We have proven that. It is getting easier to install and splice every day.
If you are looking for a money making opportunity-read customer with open check book, I do not see it until a lot of the dawgs in both the Cable, telco and power construction business leave. Supply and demand for labor are not in the contractors nor his employees favor at this time. Some would say wait and pray for another couple of hurricanes or St Helens to blow again.
Maint. Work is going to be our bread and butter for a long while. Auto accidents and street widenings plus an occasion line extension or two will be what most system personnel see. In large cities in growth zones they will see more subdivisions.
Is there money to be made?? Maybe
How many people will have to leave to put the skills of those who remain in a positive or desired position? The first of the baby boomers are now thinking about or actually have retired.
Some of us have made a commitment to train the young fry. Some of us did this better than others. Those who learned well will make it
Your thoughts?
This is CABL.com posting #145734. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mL4I
Posted in reply to: When Is It Going To Start Coming Back by dajo
There are 0 replies to this message