Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: E-mailed message

everyone wants to change the world, will never happen, but we can try by being honest from the conpany that sells the stuff to the us who install it, by being honest i mean taking your share of the price drop equally with everyone from step 1, I know Dish Net and DTV have lowered there $'s to retailers,and RSP's, now the right thing to do would be to pay a percentage less to the salesman, an equal percentage less to the hired help(warehouse,office help,inhouse techs,managers,ect..),the peicework installers, and lets not forget the owners(so i guess they'll have to hold off on buyin that new boat, huh), I can understand the price drop has all the installers compalining, but it is important to direct the complaints in the proper direction, like these companies that continue with the same pay while taking the cut in price and redirecting it completely to the installers contract prices, I'll agree with most of the comments, we are just trained monkeys, but then so is the person that does your taxes, fixes your trucks, or builds your homes. granted this field of work is very easy to get into, but in the end very few of us are able to make a career out of it, and i salute those who can, it takes a higher level of common sense to survey a new connect, see where the best place to put the dish, route the cableand know what you can and cannot do, before you start the job,(a trained monkey still needs to be directed what to do(flipoff)), in 10 yrs of doing this kind of work i know that no job is ever the same, it takes a great deal of thought, with a 1 million $ plus home there is no room for trial and error,or anyones home for that matter. I believe there is no type of formal education to to establish if a person is truly qualified for this type of work, ive seen high school dropouts do great job consistently, and i've seen out of work engineers totally mess up a sub's home. it comes down to ya either have the skill or ya don't, only way to determine is to QC a high % of a techs work, yes that means these people doing the supervising, selling, or answering the phones are going to have to get off their butts and help pursue quality of work for their respective companies, that way we can weed out the hacks and kids with a tool belt giving us all a bad name. from the way i see it it is ultimatly up to the retailers and and contract companies that hire and provide work to all of us to clean up the industry, after all, you do get what you pay for but you have to inspect the product, dont you.(usa)(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #145399. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLZj
Posted in reply to: Re: E-mailed message by www0895
There are 0 replies to this message