Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Andy Rooney Comments

Andy Rooney didn't write that and apparently isn't happy that people are spreading it around falsely attributing it to him. What he says from Snopes.com:

"About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really wrote the 20 detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide circulation on the Internet. "

[...]

"Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation. "

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp
It's easy to define what you're willing to fight for; but what are you willing to stand for without fighting? What are you willing to lay down your life for?
This is CABL.com posting #144653. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLNh
Posted in reply to: Andy Rooney Comments by Wife of a cable guy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Andy Rooney Comments Wife of a cable guy 4/12/2005 12:47:00 PM