Create your free account now! Sign up

Help me help a buddy with dish piece rate prices

Hey all!

I have a buddy that has been instaling dish network for a while. Well, his employer wants him to go piece rate. They have offered him 80 for two sets and 100 for 3 to 4... plus 50/week for gas.

They can't really keep him busy with basically 2 or 3 installs a week or less. He is providing all his own tools and truck and only fittings... they supply cable, wall plates, etc.

He does very good work and they need him back to work. Oh... some brief history - he started with them at an hourly rate and quickly became their top guy (they only have two(biggrin) so, it's not too hard) They could barely keep him going with an average of 20 hours a week. Then they hit him with something like 40 a set and he told them to go to hell and walked out.

Now they are begging him to come back with the above offer.

I would like to let him know what he should expect to get and what would be a good rate. Keep in mind they can not keep him any where near busy.... At those rates, you could make a killing working full time doing 4 to 5 a day.

Thanks in advance,

Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #144632. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLMW
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Help me help a buddy with dish piece rate pric high plains comm 4/12/2005 7:40:00 AM