Create your free account now! Sign up

Sorry No-way

Oh so many ways to prove your thoughts wrong so little time to do so, Here is a short one .
Down side back in 1982 I was in a Union while I work as Salesman for JohnHancock Ins.
2 years out of Navy wife and Child at home making average $500.00 week Union called a meeting
they wanted us to Strike for 5% greater commission that would pay me an extra $25. Week,
I stood up in the Banquet room filled with members and asked a simple question How long do you expect the Strike to last, the reply was 3 – 6 months maybe a year, This pissed me off so I proclaimed loudly
Did any of you Einsteins due the math? How many years do you think it would take to make back the lost income from just 3 months of a strike? over 6 years it would take. The main Union speaker yelled I do not like you sit down. I replied I do not like your math do what you will as for me I plan on working regardless of your outcome, he then threatened me, I told him and his thugs You do not scare me only God scares me and walked out, as to which I found out later they took a Vote and the vast majority said NO.

That is just one little Downside I could fill pages of others.

In regards to you statement we will be like China with sweatshops.
That will never happen again in the USA unless we allow ourselves to be defeated through geopolitical means and the New world order takes control.

People in our Country who have a knowledge Base in Technology – Engineering – Law – Medicine to name a few, Make a great living.
The day is gone when a 8th Grade dropout such as myself can earn a decent living with basic security, enough to raise a family and succeed as an employee of someone else I am sure there are exceptions to the rule but the eve of that has past.

Your Family Deserves only that in which you can provide. Period! no other man or group of men have any obligation to give you anything including a Job or welfare.

The other countries you think will soon realize they are being taken advantage of and will unionize well maybe, maybe not. I suggest to you that if you were living in a third world country starving most of the time mud floors vegetation roof worried about Food shelter housing and dying from a Panther coming into your town and attacking you while you sleep, Your thoughts values and immediate needs would love a sweatshop opportunity.

Steve Harvey

This is CABL.com posting #144530. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLLi
Posted in reply to: Re: Soviet Country this iz usa by DZW!
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Sorry No-way johngault 4/12/2005 3:25:00 AM
Re: Sorry No-way DZW! 4/10/2005 9:16:00 PM
Re: Sorry No-way johngault 4/10/2005 10:58:00 AM