Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How well does this apply to the cable world?

Thank you Mark and thank you kswift.

I agree it is sad.

I have been part timing, splicing for a maintinence contractor here and it keeps me in the chips. I have been building this buying and reselling thing up pretty well. I am a power seller on eBay now and have flipped some really good deals. Hell, I am known in the area for my yard sales now - they see my signs up and come running! Last yard sale I made over $4,000! Best part is, I like doing it.

I for one, am headed for greener pastures(wave)

Not there yet... but I'm working on it(biggrin)

My hat is off to all you guys that are sticking it out (clap)

I love this line of work. I love driving by a location that I did 5 years ago and bitchin at how the techs have it looking like $hit now... I love trouble shooting and fixing problems that the system has been having for years and being the man to find it... I even love getting called out at midnight because I am the only guy that can fix it after they have been trying to gt it on since 2 pm... I love traveling and seeing new people and places... and old ones too.

Like many have said - this stuff gets in your blood. I really miss going full bore on a good retro.

Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #144443. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLJT
Posted in reply to: Re: How well does this apply to the cable world? by Splicer Life 4me
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: How well does this apply to the cable world? johngault 4/8/2005 5:51:00 AM