Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A friend In Deed

It really isn't that big of a deal. I just extended my home to a fellow cable dog, who I have known for years, worked with, hammered down with, and the situation he found here happened to be in my region, and believe me, Doug is one of VERY few I'd do that for. He worked 7 days a week, adjusted to our schedule, as we did his, and things worked out excellent. He has much respect, was able to put up with three girls, ages 12, 9, and 7, and a pesty Jack Russell, so really I'd have to say hats off to him for "Getting R Done" despite the distractions. I am just lucky enough to have a wife who has been there, and done that in this industry. She totally understands life on the road and was more than happy to accomodate a friend to make being away from his wife and kids (two bull dogs) and make the head trip a little easier to take. I know he'd have done the same for me. Actually, I kind of miss him being here, as we shared LOTS of great war stories. He has 25 years and I 22, so believe me, there are lots of great stories to share. It was great having him here.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #144269. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLG5
Posted in reply to: Re: A friend In Deed by samtron2
There are 0 replies to this message