Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dish installs question

Hey Phuntercomm,

I have kicked that one around too. I ended up with the fact that anything attached to the building belongs to the home owner. You gotta go to court to remove your parts & wire even if you don't get paid.

So I cut through the middle. I use old rg59 lines mostly to pull new rg6 but don't feel compeled to haul it off. I use all wall fished wire unless it fails.
Drop boxes just look better and protect the fittings inside so I almost always use them.

Know that Primestar required two lines to each receiver. There is a lot of good rg6 just sitting there. A two receiver Primestar install had four lines running to a drop box big enough to hold a large multiswitch and many lines.
(2=4 a/os) etc.

And I have seen the other plan. I installed five CATV a/os for a cable sub many years ago. The customer was very specific about the cable runs and points of entry but
not too concerned about the system outage at installation or even the programming. While I was there running lines a Ku band guy showed up to begin digging for a huge concrete base for a real big dish. The customer planned to bail on the cable co as soon as the big dish sat was running----saved a bundle on coax & labor.

I do terminate CATV lines and leave equipment where I find it. Someone could follow me, converting a DTV to something elso or back to cable.

That's where I am.

Joe(wink)
This is CABL.com posting #144037. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLDl
Posted in reply to: Re: Dish installs question by huntercomm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dish installs question huntercomm 3/29/2005 10:50:00 PM