Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: FTTH-Fiber Access Terminals and Data conversio

Where is VZ getting power from?
Customer/subscriber provided.
Is VZ giving the option of bulkheading the OSP through to customer installed ISP fiber and placing their modem within a residential hub?
No, the glass brings the data to the ont, the ont then has cat5, voice and coax video outs to distribute in your own isp cableplant. a modem is not what the ont is, think bi dir f/o in ip packets, since the 1 strand you have is really 32 customers on that one strand (with 32 possible conversations traveling to and fro yet only you get to hear how bob nailed the neighbors wife, while the neighbor is on the same line blissfully unaware)
Is a customer given the option of using their own modem?
see above, no
Is this application you have shown using 1310 or 1550?
Dunno, diddnt see what was shown, but... The system ultimately (when full employment realized) uses 1310, 1490, 1550, 1650 um wavelenths together sametime same strand same splitter. so, for all you "that'll do" splicers, I guess I will have to thank you now for the continued job security. ORL, it's the thing you should also be paying attention to, and know what good is, fyi it's not the go/nogo most (clown)out there crutch on.
I really appreciate you sending this. Thank you!
It wasn't me... it's them and they...
This is CABL.com posting #143903. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLBb
Posted in reply to: Re: FTTH-Fiber Access Terminals and Data conversio by Fiber Guy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: FTTH-Fiber Access Terminals and Data conversio redrocker80 4/5/2005 12:54:00 AM