Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong

Its hard to just quit at age 53 and start all over. When you get to certain level in life you have bills ,commtments kids in college and most of all a wife. I don't know about you guys but for about 8 years since 94-95 I was making money actually putting it in the bank,and as you make money your level of living also goes up,so my question is how do you just quit ? I can't go to an hourly job at a factory or go paint houses and expect to make the same kind of money,do I stick it out and try to get over the bubble? The fact is these compainies could care less about me because theres always somebodyelse in the wings who will do it cheaper. I've been on the road for years because thats where the money was now Ive been home for almost 2 years doing maintainance, extensions etc for Comcast and the work is drying up. Now i've started looking again and the work out there is pittyfull. I guess its not the work but the pay. How can you make aliving on the road with these kind of wages? I can't afford to do it. Hopefully Comcast and TW will buy out Adelphia and generate some work for all of us. daniimal hang in there better times are yet to come .
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.Thomas Jefferson
This is CABL.com posting #143503. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLuJ
Posted in reply to: Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong by danimal
There are 0 replies to this message