Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong

And from another perspective:
Back in the days when it would take 58 or more amps to get out to the hub amp and then trunk out to the sub trunk amps and then feeder out to the line extenders required a serious amount of maintenance. Then along comes fiber to the node and all the maintenance guys who just got the ax because there is nothing to maintain jump on board with the construction of the fiber build.
Now the fiber builds are done and the next step is to eliminate the coax out of the node with more fiber and run it out to the house. Guess what ! Cable industry is out. Fiber industry is in.
It seems to me that once this industry has simplified itself to the point that 1 man can now do the work of many( as long as there is light going out of the headend,hitting the node and then making it out to the house) there is no longer need for an industry per say. I don't see it ever getting back to being like we had. It would be against the natural order of things.
I spent 23 years in the biz total. Miss it like crazy,but had to move on. Goodluck all!
This is CABL.com posting #143364. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLsu
Posted in reply to: Re: What and Where did this industry go wrong by semper fi cable guy
There are 0 replies to this message