Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: are you burned out? prior name

I've never worked as an employee in cable, just contractor.
Do you get your own truck, tools, and then sent on you way?
What do you mean 40-12.50? Just trying to figure out your pay structure.

60 grand for 60 hours a week? That's about twice as good as what I see the installers around here are getting. You make a grand two weeks in a row and they whore you out to some ass-kissing project and your down to 500. "GOOD WITH THE BAD, ITS GOTTA GET DONE, YOU WANT ALL GRAVY, IF WE DON'T DO THIS THEN ANOTHER CONTRACTOR WILL AND THEN HE'S IN OUR SYSTEM AND WE'LL LOSE WORK AND THEN WE'LL HAVE TO GET RID OF YOU SO DO IT."

This happened to me when they hired two rookies to do an audit, and they messed up the tag #(or kept the paperwork because they didn't get paid) and we had to go out and reaudit the system so our "boss" wouldn't look bad.

scumbag managers can go to hell.

I know what you mean about a house being no good when you're too busy to live in it. Two incomes at 30,000 with one kid just about pays my bills before we eat. And we live cheap. No loads, no car payments, no Credit cards, no drugs. And just cheap booze on the weekends. It's expensive to live in New England.

That's why I always laugh at these pricks who act like they're doing us a favor when we have to work 60 hrs to make what we used to get in 40. I'm happy I'm not installing anymore.

If your good at installs, you're good with your hands, and that means you can do a lot of different trades. The problem I'm having is I have to pick up a 40 hr job to get by, and then try to build a remodeling business on my spare time. The money is excellent, plus its all cash, but it will be a while before I can feel confident that I can make enough to do it full time.

Take a chance.
This is CABL.com posting #143305. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLrx
Posted in reply to: Re: are you burned out? prior name by midspan28
There are 0 replies to this message