Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hard turns on ground wire

Before this gets out of hand:). First, I am not an a$$. I started out in the cable business fifteen years ago, and have put up with crap from electricians for being nothing more than a "Cable Guy". I have also completed more than my share of CLI repairs caused by these same electricians.

My brother is an electrician, but he does 26kV splicing and heavy commercial work rather than residential. I have a healthy respect for what he does. Since I have moved on to other things now instead of your typical installation work, my brother has a healthy respect for what I do.

I still have electricians, and others, who make comments to me, or ask questions, about cable installations, etc. I can talk to my brother about it, and he's mature enough to listen. Some don't. So now, whenever I hear someone "badmouth" cable, I just start talking about ATM over SONET, Stat Muxing, and throw around a few terms like SBS suppression and chromatic dispersion. They usually quiet down and leave.

But still, I am not an a$$. I have "paid my dues" and put up with what I refer to as good-natured ribbing from electricians. I only ask that electricians be mature enough to "dish it in" they way they "dish it out".

Signed,

Emerger (halo)
This is CABL.com posting #142977. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLmf
Posted in reply to: Re: Hard turns on ground wire by redrocker80
There are 0 replies to this message