Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: no installation costs?

The difference between Cable and Satelite is almost every house in America has had cable at some point. Only in the last 10 years or so has dss service had any significant impact on the communications industry. Cable has been around alot longer than satelite. so to say you can only find 10 out of 100 jobs that pass qc is wrong. Your opinion is based on what you see but you have no idea when it was installed. Qc standards have changed alot over the last 5 years let alone the last 30. Satelite has qc standards based on what the cable industry has done for 40 years. You think somebody at hughes knew how to run cable and what nec codes where or do you think they might have consulted with people from the cable industry. I have seen a few photos on here that are of old cable with new fittings but I havent seen a photo of a new cable install from tap to set. Its eazy to say jobs will fail when your looking at old cable with old standards. You say satelite installers are better? When you have to trouble shoot a return problem or replace a 300 foot mid span to sub pole to underground drop, fix any number of computer problems, climb a pole in the dark and in the rain and snow, install multiple phone lines, set up high speed internet, and run cable lines you let me know. All you satelite installers do is hack "splice" into existing cable lines anyway. The olny time you run new lines is when you cant get your dish mounted near the cable prewire or, just like the cable guys the outlet isnt there. And I have seen plenty on satelites hooked up to 20 year old cable.
This is CABL.com posting #142759. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLiJ
Posted in reply to: Re: no installation costs? by cable33
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: no installation costs? johngault 2/24/2005 7:32:00 AM