Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Technical questions for any gurus out there

You didn't know that you had to contact the power company to bug off your power supplies??? Who ya going to call? Joe's welding supplies? I'll go with :
C: I've run into situations where the power supply wasn't bugged off in the area you were working in that day due to the lact of ride out or communication concerning all parties, the Power Co. The MSO, and the prime, so here we are out there at 4:36 the suns going down and no power truck in site, well there's a few things you can do, 1st, run a PS out of a truck off the inverter, you can hard line or RG11 into the LPI. 2nd, get a generator and run it the same way, (make sure it has a large fuel tank) or 3rd, run an extension cord over to the house by that pole and sweet talk them into plugging it in until power arives, (throwing them free HBO doesn't hurt in the conversation) but never and I mean never try it yourself. It's not so much a safety issue, hell give me a couple weavers and we are in business, it's the politics, you get caught up in power, by power, S*** will hit the fan.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #142521. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLeT
Posted in reply to: Re: Technical questions for any gurus out there by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message