Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time Warner-In house

I workedn house for twc in san diego and I started at 12.10 an hour. You need ncti certs to get to tech 3,4,5 but they dont care if you have them when you start unless you are trying to ge into maintanence or cli checks. You will get a raise after a year of about 3% and 3% percent each time you move up a tech level. You can only move up a tech level once a year so five years to be a tech5, by the way there where nobody was a tech 5 in san diego and there where a lot of guys there 15 years. I had 3 years expierance coming in. I helped launch hsi for cox, did installs and tc's also worked for adelphia same thing tc's and installs on hsi. But when I went to twc they wouldnt let any tech 1 do hsi full installs or tc's just discos and traps and some upgrades. It was eazy work but I felt over qualified and under paid for my expierance. A guy that was hired with me had the same expierance plus 4 ncti certs and he started as a tech 1 at 12.10 hr also. He stuck with it and I went back to be a contractor last I heard he was doing cli sweaps for them.
This is CABL.com posting #142297. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLbh
Posted in reply to: Re: Time Warner-In house by pacoveli
There are 0 replies to this message