Create your free account now! Sign up

Reality check

Well gang - I've been expecting it, waiting for it, hoping against it, denying it could happen but the reality check hit - one kid home safe from overseas (the Army daughter) and now another one going (the USMC son).....he deploys tonight for Al Asud. He managed to get home for a short leave and that will have to do for now. Ya know, I appreciate all your good wishes and prayers when I post about this situation. I know that his deployment is part of the job he signed on for - I'm sure he'll be okay.....I'm just being selfish in that I would rather he not have to do his job. I would like to tell him to run away.....however, to do that would go against all that he's been taught from the time he was a small child.....and so I will keep my selfish thoughts to myself. I've told him how proud I am of him, how much I love him and how at the end of his (supposed) 7 month stay, he can come home in time to help us close the pool......I don't want him to leave with my last words to him being words that are anything other than positive and encouraging....the tears and laments I will save for this forum. I'll do my crying in private but thank you for allowing me to express my inner feelings here at the bar. If the situation should change and he doesn't deploy (and I'm ever the optimist right down to the wire!) I'll let you know. Otherwise, please keep him in your thoughts, and send me some good vibes for my sanity. I know there are many others going through this same scenario and I never could imagine how they coped - I guess now I'm going to learn. As a last note - the hell with sending billions for Tsunami relief, did they do anything for us after 9-11? Let's use that money to keep our military personnel properly equipped so they get this job done and get home safe. It's time priorities were put in their proper order. And as Forrest Gump says "That's all I'm gonna say about that." God Bless one and all. I'll keep you updated.....(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #142013. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mK6H
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Reality check Deeg 2/12/2005 6:07:00 PM
Re: Reality check oldschoolgal 2/8/2005 1:35:00 PM