Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: one last ridiculous rant!

How often have you gotten the stare-down when you say you won't work for what they want to pay? I think its a riot. Idiots who don't think we know what the prime rates are. Flash a check in front of your face and tell you this is what all my contractors make. That's why they like the newbies. Save them a truck roll and you get a pat on the back. Say no to working for free and now I've got an attitude. Sorry, the trucks paid for, and I'll let it sit before I work for less than what's right.

How many of us have been made to feel like the bad guy when we try to get paid? You'd have to be a jerk to think you're doing me a favor when I show up for work.

This loser had no idea how many beers I'd tipped back with his boss, or that I was a guest at two of his daugter's weddings. I like a tight ship, but this guys' a crook. I got my money but junk like that, having to call old friends over 40 dollars, makes you feel dirty.

Even the owner so much admitted to me he was running at close to a loss, hoping to keep his fingers in the pie till either Verizon or one of the new metro-fiber-ring companies springing up (go baby go) started walking the walk and needed help. The install biz is just how he's keeping his family and friends busy. If it was up to him, he'd go fishing too. Just too many in-laws to lay them all off at once.
This is CABL.com posting #141745. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mK2n
Posted in reply to: Re: one last ridiculous rant! by JLPS
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: one last ridiculous rant! rdrner 2/5/2005 3:35:00 AM