Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Camera Security

Are you looking for surveillance or security. Motions are cheap and you can ring a home so if Tom Cruize even move a grate all hell breaks loose
If you want to monitor inventory, or check up on the babysitter, you want surveillance.

Most recording is controlled by the dvr in security (works like a tivo) The camera is allways on, always watching, but when the dvr senses a change (ie movement) it breaks it 5 second loop and begins to record. that might be what you want.
Mine as well throw in Card Access, so you can tell when people leave and when they don't. Give a card to the plumber and you can tell if he was really there for 3 hours or only twenty minutes.

Whole house system, maybe run you 30-50,000 bucks, Depending on how paranoild you want to be. Better money than CATV.
Seriously, Check out ebay. I pick up security/access controll stuff for 10 cents on the dollar. Banks change hands all the time and stuff that's only 3 months old gets replaced. One bank I wired had 30 cameras, they weren't even dusty!
This is CABL.com posting #141678. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mK1i
Posted in reply to: Camera Security by fjjk1970
There are 0 replies to this message