Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Failed Q.C. ?????

I used to be a 1 of 2 lead trouble call techs for a contractor in so cal. The system had just went to way and every body wanted cable modem service. I would go on tc's where I was the 8th or 9th tech out there to fix it. It sucked because the subs where pissed with there service and pissed that they had to keep taking time of to have it fixed just to have it go down again. At first I would get mad when I read the work order history to see who was out there and find out that 4 or 5 of the trouble calls were done by the same tech that did the install. He got paid one time to lock and walk, and 4 - 5 times to band aid his failure of an install. My job was to go to these calls and get them fixed the right way on one trip. He got paid to install 1 modem and paid again each time he went back and replaced it. I on the other hand got paid once and I was the one who replaced all the fittings form tap to set, replaced drops, removed the radio shack amps and splitters, re ran outlets, removed all the copper braid 59, reconfigured the splitters for more signal, ect ect. At first I was mad then realized they kept me employed. Sometimes it sucks to be good.
This is CABL.com posting #141300. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKVc
Posted in reply to: Re: Failed Q.C. ????? by FUNNYFARM
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Failed Q.C. ????? FUNNYFARM 1/26/2005 3:08:00 AM