Create your free account now! Sign up

Average pay for any trade is $2000 a week

I took a part of the month off and remodeled a basement. I made 8 grand and was warm all day. I got two more side jobs from people who saw my work and the customer want's to know if I build decks. But hey, contractor says things are busy again, so comeback full time, we're slammin.

2 grand a week is not a ton of money when you're in business for yourself. I know drywallers with nothing but a knife and a drill who make that a week. Anything higher than a step ladder and the contractor pays for a lift.

REMEMBER WHEN THEY TREATED US LIKE GROWN-UPS?

The elctricians and plumbers were smart to ask for protection of their trade. I'd pay 10 bucks a week so I wouldn't have to put up with the hacks I see every day. One of the guys I work with has a great scam going, he locks at the ground block and leaves the modem in the mailbox. CUSTOM INSTALL! Hey, only 1 in 3 call back.

10 years invested in a trade where anyone with a wrench and a ladder can stab me in the back. I've been screwed over before in this business, but at least that was for real money. I'm arguing now over 8 dollars for a new drop I had to run but "wasn't requested". You've got to be kidding me.

This is CABL.com posting #141297. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKU9
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Average pay for any trade is $2000 a week DFW Tecs 1/26/2005 10:13:00 AM