Create your free account now! Sign up

Dtv Customer Service Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!

When I left in house 7 years ago a did a stint locating I decided that after being on salary 70 hrs a week I was not going to pay the local MSO for cable so I got Direct TV. Have kept the dish mostly to keep a eye on whats going on on the other side of the fence, Plus I get Playboy by the month. When customers ask about dishes, I can speak from experience. I always try to be fair, there are plus's and minuses on both sides, just keep to the facts. Here is the latest story I will to pass on to cable customers.

December 16th - Thought that a TIVO would be a good gift that the family could really use. Called Direct TV and ordered the unit. The sales person asked if I wanted Saturday the 18th, as work is slow in the winter and I planned to go snowmobiling I passed to Monday morning so that a 9 to 5 stiff could have Saturday.

December 20th - The installer calls at 11AM and says he is just leaving Colorado Springs and that he has a couple of AMs in front of me and he's not sure if he will be able to get to me. Right away I am asking myself "Colorado Springs - Thats 200 miles away - WOW Direct TV is sending installers on jobs 200 miles ONE WAY!!!". I assured the guy that if he got here the job would be a piece of cake, as I ran dual wiring home runs with cat 5's and even some loops just in case and toned and tagged everything when my double wide was set, I'm not crawling under my own trailer again!!!. He said he would try to make it. - NO SHOW!!!!!

December 21st - Did some rewiring prep work for a night cut in the MSO Head End, getting rid of tap insertion-supposed to make the internet happier. Returned home at 2PM to message on the machine from 10 AM, the tech said he was out till 11pm the night before and asked me to call him - HE DIDN'T LEAVE A NUMBER!!!!

December 28th - Figured someone would have called to reschedule but didn't here a thing. Called Direct TV - The sales person puts me on hold and then comes back after a while and says that the tech closed the order as completed!!!!! OK I'm wondering where is that unit?, don't they keep pretty good track of them??? I am told the order is being sent back to the contractor to be expedited and that they will call. Sure enough a couple of hrs later a supervisor for the contractor calls. "We were overloaded that day so we had to get help from Colorado Springs, actually we are out of Denver" This really reassures me as Denver is 120 miles ONE WAY!!!!!. Anyway he EXPEDITES my order and I now get a appointment on JANUARY 5TH!!!!!

January 5th - NO SHOW-NOT EVEN A CALL!!!!! Called out at 6:30PM on a cable outage, Follow no RF back to the Node-NO LIGHT!! Node off splitter upstream working, follow pole line 2 miles, truck hung up and drove away- nearly broke the strand. Work with in house guys on temp, cable and internet back up and in bed at 11:30.

January 6th - Call Direct TV again. Order lost!!!! We will delete all charges. Contract office calls- On my cell this time, finally!!!! On for Saturday the 8th.

January 7th - Tech calls- can do this afternoon. GREAT!!! Tech is happy as S*** only one F connector out in the dish distribution box under the dish. Forgot that one, I thought it was on. Tech spent more time putting tivo through testing than actually hooking it up. Direct TV's computers are down, will call when they can activate. No problem, my digital cable is working fine!! Didn't take long though and they did call when they got up.

January 15th - Got the bill Still got billed $50.00 for the tivo and a $14.95 HANDLING FEE?????

Just another story for Cable customers who are thinking about getting a dish.

THOUGHT YOU CABLE DAWGS WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT TOO!!!!!
(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #140836. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKNI
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dtv Customer Service Ha Ha Ha!!!!!! skibum 1/18/2005 5:46:00 PM