Create your free account now! Sign up

we better learn to say no

I notice that the standard pay for a single box install is slowly moving to the $60.00 range. The pay for a single at an HSP is $50.00, this means that at $50.00 you are supplied a truck, all materials a gas card and even some benefits. How and why are independant contractors making any money making $10.00 more on an install and paying for gas,materials,insurance and maintenance on vehicles? I know that it's better to make some money versus making none but are you really making a living like this? you are away from home most of the time,you get NO respect and are treated like common criminals not to mention having to chase after the pay because of the shady used car salesmen entering this business daily? Someone somewhere better get together and stop this before it's too late! As an independant contractor you should be well compensated for your time and out of pocket expenses. I know i'm looking for a way out i'm sick and tired of my pay being lowered on a monthly basis after 20+ years in cable and satellite!!!
This is CABL.com posting #140795. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKM3
There are 3 replies to this message
ATTN: LINEMAN//$800 a wk//ABOVE AVERAGE?????????? lostlineman2 1/20/2005 9:27:00 PM
Re: we better learn to say no DZW! 1/17/2005 1:49:00 PM
Re: we better learn to say no bandwidth 1/17/2005 1:45:00 PM