Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Info On Mastec

I have been contracting for Mastec for over a year now. I can not speak for all Mastec offices but my local office is not loyal and does not care for contractors. They run you all over the place even as far as 85 miles to your first install. You will be heavily burdened with service calls. When on a service call YOU are responsible for bringing that job up to DTV standards even if it means a whole new install. For the same price as a service call. You are expected to run phone lines to every receiver for no charge. The rates are not that good either. Now granted you WILL GET PAID. They will charge you back on an install in a heartbeat. They will do the same on a service call as well. When you go and do a dish upgrade for locals, you are expected to bring that job up to the same standards as a new install for the same price. If you are an in house tech you will run more local. As Mastec does not want to spend the money on gas. Why should they if they can get a contractor to do it? As a contractor you are expected to be an "employee" but with none of the benefits. You have to attend every meeting if you are 1 minute late they write you up. You have to fill out 5-6 additional sheets of paper for every job. You have to close every job with a call center in Texas which is a JOKE. You will be on hold for 15-30 minutes everytime. If you don't get the job closed for whatever reason you will be charged back. If you go to a job and you need to change the work order, you have to call your local office and make the change their and wait until it gets changed in the computer until you are able to close it. As for a contractor you get no support from your office. If a customer says you damaged something at their home, Mastec pays what the customer want's without your knowledge and then gives it to you in the form of a chargeback. Whether it was your fault or not. I could go on and on but I am getting mad.
This is CABL.com posting #140325. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKFt
Posted in reply to: Re: Info On Mastec by Michalo
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Info On Mastec johngault 1/13/2005 3:01:00 AM
Re: Info On Mastec joeatstellar 1/11/2005 8:13:00 PM
Re: Info On Mastec robz7198 1/8/2005 3:35:00 PM