Create your free account now! Sign up

Roast Beast

With the foot ball play offs in front of us I thought I would share a recipe with yall, Roast Beast. Pick up a nice eye round or a top round roast. (3-4 pounds) Pre set your oven for 500, now in a big bowl, pour in some olive oil and then what ever spices you like, I throw in some worstershire sauce, crushed red pepper, cajun seasoning and some fresh ground pepper. Take the roast and roll it around in this and then let it set ( 10-15 minutes) or until the oven is ready. Once the oven hits 500 throw the roast in there and let it go for 20-25 minutes and then turn it down to 300, now for those who like it rare cook it another 15-20 minutes @ 300, med rare, 30 minutes and so on, now its best to serve right out of the oven so plan it that way, just around half time is always good, when you pull it out of the oven, take the roast out and put it on a cuttung board and then pour the juice into a bowl. Cut and remove the strings (side cuts) and then slice it very thin, for those that like the crunchies, go for the end cuts. throw the sliced pieces on a plate and then put the bowl of sauce in the middle and munch out, having some fresh horse radish on the side is always good also, enjoy. (beerchug)
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #140310. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKFe
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Roast Beast ocffactor 1/10/2005 11:06:00 AM
Re: Roast Beast Gary Vest 1/8/2005 5:36:00 PM