Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What do you think of Over Build areas?

As LostLineman mentioned overbuilds can be great for a certian group....as for sales?...Well again he mentioned going over the same ole' ground. However in sales most companies will not allow you to sell for them during there turn at bat "so to speak" and then go over to the competition when there campains run out. Most compaines in overbuild areas require the sales teams and in some cases the install teams, etc. sign a non-compete clause...meaning that after said campagin is over you can't hop over to the competitor and help them sell against the company you just sold for..I mean really it only makes sense. This goes for dish as well in certin circumstances. Believe me I have learned a good deal about the in's and out's of an overbuild throughout my career.
The only way you'll score big time is in the intial launch of the new competitive system....otherwise going into a system that has been marketed and remarketed can be tough, you'll only get crumbs unless the company your selling for is "giving away the farm", something like a free for a year type deal. You'll also find if your going door to door that customers get sick of seeing sales people, hearing about who builds the better mouse trap, etc. and will slam the door in your face regardless of how sweet the offer is. They get tired of the hard sell. As it typically goes when the dust settles you have those who stay with the incumbant operator, (by then there service and rates have greatly improved) and those who have gone to the competitor "BUT"....something else to consider about an overbuild is this....In most cases an overbuild has been spawned out of customer dissatisfaction..sky-high rates...poor service, etc...during the time it took to build a competitive system in that area a lot of people go to the dish for TV...DSL for Internet...lower rates, better service, etc.....you will find in many overbuild areas anymore that the dish will consume 30% or better penetration.....making it ever harder to sell....a point to consider..overbuilds on any level are a risk...take a hard look at what you going into before you commit.....make sure the company your selling for knows Cable....knows the business. Beware of oversold assumtions by the operator..trust me on that one! Anyway just my two cents...drop me an email if you have further questions. I'm available on a consultant level as well.
Good luck
(bigsmile)
This is CABL.com posting #140252. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKEi
Posted in reply to: What do you think of Over Build areas? by 1CallDoesItAll
There are 0 replies to this message