Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: FCC Ruling Leakage

First of all, I am pleasantly surprised to read that as contractors your work ethic and quality quotient seems to be outstanding with regard to signal leakage intension.

A long time ago, in a far off distant galaxy (Earlier in my career) I used to be system/region engineer/tech. ops. Manager - that with an inherited number of serious microvolt leakages which originated inside at the CPE area. One positive solution that I rolled out was instead of shutting off the perpetrated house leak, I had my staff seriously attenuate the drop at the tap port. If you disconnect the account you’ll then have to credit the customer for all of the days that went by until you could get access and remedy the situation. By doing it this way, your marketing and business operations will be spun out to dry with the net gain and revenue anomalies. By attenuating the drop at the tap port location (by 10-20 dB) you create a nasty snowy picture but the key here is that it was watchable! This little trick was used over a two – month period and we went from a 97.5% rating to 100% on both our 320’s and Fly-Overs. CLI is serious business that cannot be taken lightly.

Not only are you dealing with signal degradation both down and upstream but the serious piece in the digital world is packet loss. Too much of this on a “Low priority” data network (Unlike a “High Priority” for VoIP) the packet losses will create B.E.R.T. and possibly M.E.R.T. and make your troubleshooting and restoration a real drag.
(cussing)
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #140102. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKBS
Posted in reply to: Re: FCC Ruling Leakage by pdwsr
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: FCC Ruling Leakage frame relay 1/3/2005 12:29:00 PM
Re: FCC Ruling Leakage cabledog 1/2/2005 6:19:00 AM