Create your free account now! Sign up

I want in???

I work for a major communications company that pays well. It has great benefits and is a fairly secure place to work. I could probably make the same 68K every year for the next 25 years with no problem. Yet despite all this, I want to run my own show. I want to be out on my own. It would require me to travel a lot and work longer hours. I could gross 150K, but after paying for equipment, insurance, workers comp, perdieum and taxes, I might eek out 70K in the end. What is wrong with me??? I'll tell you what it is. I want the freedom of who I work with and who I work for. Being in a union, I am surrounded by lazy people just looking to get by. I like digging in the dirt and I feel better when I give an honest days work to get an honest days pay. I could go in to work like I do now and do a lax, easy job where I work 3 hrs and get paid for eight, but I feel horrible about it. I would rather struggle in the trenches than have it handed to me on a silver platter. I respect you out there that struggle every day. You are true to yourself.(wink)
LIVE WELL, LOVE MUCH, LAUGH OFTEN!
This is CABL.com posting #140021. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKAz
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: I want in??? lostlineman2 12/31/2004 8:24:00 PM
Re: I want in??? frame relay 12/31/2004 4:42:00 PM
Re:Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! okcable 12/31/2004 11:39:00 AM
Re: I want in??? Danno22 12/31/2004 11:10:00 AM
Re: I want in??? davidbickle 12/30/2004 10:52:00 PM