Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Re:you are full of ****

I've worked for contract outfits where the charge to the MSO was SEVEN TIMES what the grunts made on an hourly basis. Granted, that is no longer the case right now, but let's face facts. The company ALWAYS makes out like bandits, managers RARELY do any of the sort of hard work we on the front lines do, and WE are expected to care about making THEM money.

Screw them! What about MY bills? MY mortgage? MY car payment? I took this job to get MY paycheck, NOT THEIRS. That they get money off the top is beside the point. I am NOT there to care about their paychecks. I'm here about MINE. They don't pay my insurance, my phone bill, my groceries, etc. *I* do.

It's insane that we are so often not just not given any reason to care about the contract outfit we work for, but actually given good reasons not to give a flying **** about them and then they with a straight face tell us WE shoulder the responsibility of keeping things going when the winter down times hit. WHY SHOULD I CARE when you just cut my pay?

There was a time when I was proud to wear the company logo on my jacket, believed in the people I worked for, and cared about how my work reflected on the company bottom line. After several companies took cynical advantage of that and boned me, no more.

Wouldn't we all love to have that back? Espirit de corp? Pride in our outfit?

Well, as long as The Peter Principle is the rule of the day, we won't.
This is CABL.com posting #139973. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKzN
Posted in reply to: Re:you are full of **** by CCS01
There are 0 replies to this message