Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Satstallers take note-Cabl Dawgs can brag now

I wouldn’t start counting chickens yet. The conclusions this article draws assumes that A) The cable companies will actually get the financing and get the job done and B) that the satellite industry will not technologically progress. I have little idea about the former except that investment capital for cable companies has been very hard to find since the telecom crash and the cable and phone company corporate scandals. I know for certain that the author doesn’t know a thing about what’s possible with satellites. DirecTV now has enough capacity with its recent satellite launches to deliver 1000 HD channels. The satellite technology to deliver video on demand or a comparable offering is already here. It may not be long before you will be able to get high bandwidth internet anywhere via satellite (car, PDA, boat, etc).

Cable still has a leg up on satellite but if the satellite industry gets serious about data delivery, they could deliver services that would literally change the world.
This is CABL.com posting #139907. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKyJ
Posted in reply to: Satstallers take note-Cabl Dawgs can brag now ! by subterracommtech
There are 0 replies to this message