Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Real Issue

I only wish that your analysis of the traditional "ma-bells" getting into the full service of broadband services offerings in the future is the answer.

They have a big capital investment to position themselves as a full service provider. They need the FTTH investment to provide them with the bandwidth which will place them currently on the same playing field has most of the cable MSO's.

I don't believe that price point's with the Verizons of the world entering the market place will have any effect on rates. They will be entering into a very competitive market (unregulated) without the proctection they had for years on traditional phone side of the business of guarenteed margins. They will have to go toe to toe with the Cable and Dish providers on pricing and Customer Service.

My thoughts on your senario for increased pay-outs in the future ....It is my thoughts, the reason the payouts are so low right now is that the cable MSO system up-grades are complete (all system up-grades hit the Capex side of the fianancails over the last several years) and it's know time to to depreciate the capital expense that hits the Opex side of the financails (which is a big expense on the bottom line for shareholder profits).

It's not often that I reply to any posting unless I am truely passionate about the issue. I deal with compensation for my folks and try my best to insure they can support thier families and I can deliver financail performance to my companies shareholders.

I have seen quite a bit heat being placed on the contracting resources that hold the and administer the contract for the cable MSO's. I'm sure that some maybe less then concerned about the folks that make them money......but please don't think we are the same.

If you think I am not sincere with my thoughts and feelings...please vent. If you would like to discuss my thoughts with constructive points of view, I will welcome and learn from the experience.

This is CABL.com posting #139902. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKyE
Posted in reply to: The Real Issue by Broadband03
There are 0 replies to this message