Create your free account now! Sign up

So now that CATV's grown up: Where's the money?

I'm glad to see the industry has cleaned up. Most of the cowboys are gone, dead, or have grown up. You get a new set of priorities the first time you watch somone get hurt for good.
A lot of the really bad hacks are gone too, which is a good thing for all of us. All the other wiring industries laugh at us (ele, telco, fire, alarm), and for a long time its been justified. I'm proud of the work I've done, and thankfull for the guidence of those who learned before me. We're all better techs at 1Ghz than we were at 350 mhz.
I also like everyone in white trucks. How bad does it look when someone pulls up in a rusted station wagon with 2x4's bolted to the roof and an aluminium ladder.

SO WHERE'S THE MONEY? it costs us more. where is it.

I don't blame the sub I blame the prime. Go into a town and bid low, cause you know once you control the work, it doesn't matter how lousy the price is, you can still make you precious margin. Stand up for yourself. Stand up for us. We're not your cattle, we're your partners.

This is CABL.com posting #139730. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKvS
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: So now that CATV's grown up: Where's the mone Cahunadawg 12/21/2004 5:07:00 PM
Re: So now that CATV's grown up: Where's the mone SCcabledude 12/19/2004 2:27:00 AM