Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Any body ever thought of a career change?

Always keep in mind that nothing is definetly forever! Dont sell your hooks just because the times are bustin' your bucks. You can always go back to the work that cut your teeth in for you. You've already made up your mind it sounds like to me. Hey, the latest and greatest in wiring and installs for commercial/home use, why the heck not take a little time out to learn something new in the industry?! If what you say is right about the wage,vehicle or reimbursement thereof, then I would definetly give it a shot just to kick the tires a little.
Gee whiz, when was the last time an employer paid for your hotel on a regular basis? Or cut you a per-diem check for your out of town exspenses?
Even though your a cable dog at the root of it all, sometimes you just gotta keep looking around 'till you find something you can run steady on instead of the usual hit and miss. The only part about line doggin' these days is the fact that your job might not be there tommorrow. Think about it...any time you want you can always go back to whatever you've done! I would'nt tell you this unless I did'nt do it myself. Presently, thats what I'm doin'! A totally different job than what I've ever done before. I'm up at four a.m., home by 1:45 p.m., I'm in a union, health and dental bene's, holiday pay, company banquett's every now and then, bonus checks and I'm only 2 miles from work! The only hard part was getting used to the smaller pay. What a bite that seemed to be. But, buy your beer on sale, drink at home and learn yourself some new money management skills like banking your dough!
After a couple of months you should be pullin' down some side jobs to help out with the smaller buget. Through all of this though, "I AIN'T GONNA NEVER SELL MY HOOKIN' TOOLS OR LADDERS!!!" You never can tell what tommorrow will bring!
Give it a shot, it aint gonna kill ya'!
Good luck in whatever you choose.(beerchug)
This is CABL.com posting #139611. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKtX
Posted in reply to: Re: Any body ever thought of a career change? by monk
There are 0 replies to this message