Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can you really make money doing installs?

Great Post

I currently have 240 in-house installers in several projects. You have to do your homework before accepting a contract to insure you can provide a descent living and benefits to your employees and there familes. I have passed on several opurtunities over the last year due to low price points which could not support my business model to pay my employees what they need (it's up to them what they want to earn) and provide my companies shareholders with a profitable project. I could have1,000 employees but if you can't satisfy them with a descent wage the project will fail.

I have employees all over the board with wages earned from $300.00 to $1,600 per week, the employee making $1,600 per week I have never had the pleasure to meet, he hit's the road at 6 AM. His QA is been at 95% plus since March 04 and he also recieved $1,800.00 for his efforts (other employees have recieved bonuses regardless of pay as long as they made the monthly goal of 90%).

Our customers love us, my folks are happy and with the help of my team turn a 24% margin. The financail perfomance of the team allows me to overlook some damage claims and help out employees with a b**ch of a job.

I am sure I will get some negitive feedback to this post but we all have choices in life to make. So if you enter into any agreement to do installation work do your homework and ask for clarification on all the issues. I have read in the entire thread of emails on this topic, lets do all ourselves a favor its hard enough for the management folks like me, to get the best contract as possible without fighting the poor performers costs the teams success.

I have been on all sides of this business fo 25 + years and for the next couple of years the work will only be on the installation side.

Good luck to all
This is CABL.com posting #139056. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKk0
Posted in reply to: Re: Can you really make money doing installs? by ads1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Can you really make money doing installs? SCcabledude 11/29/2004 11:13:00 PM