Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can you really make money doing installs?

I don't know about system installation work, but what I hear isn't good.

I do know customer prem side is history. Cable, satellite, DSL, the pay rates versus the cost of doing business gets worse and worse. And they are starting to enforce state licensing which they make insanely hard to get in the first place.

Note how many contract firms now put Audits, Traps, and Sweeps at the top of their ads when looking for work. Pole-to-pole is the last place for money for the contract world and even that is going away. In the NE, most noise traps are gone, most of the green-bar work is done, in-house is doing the rolling audits, and unless they have a drop replacement wave, there's not much pole-to-pole here.

Contractually controlling customer prem is the last frontier. As long as the providers whether cable or satellite have carte blanch access to the customers and can have their wiring done by trained monkeys who couldn't survive at WalMart for one week, we who do good work will continue to suffer the death of a thousand cuts.

Simply, there's no money in installs.

Need I even mention mandatory go-backs where people don't bother showing up for appts. and instead demand a go-back at 17:45, lies about cust. serv. promising twelve AOs for free, and the rest?
This is CABL.com posting #138912. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKiG
Posted in reply to: Can you really make money doing installs? by inthewoods
There are 0 replies to this message