Create your free account now! Sign up

Alot of jokers out there

Hi all
Well now let me sound off once again. The industry would be better off with some sort of regulatory commission that could wipe out alot of these half witted companies out there. Seriously it is quite disgurging to see companies still in business out there that don't know what a piece of fiber looks like not alone how to prep it out properly. I had a buddy several months ago who was no doubt one of the best splicers around. The guy could do it all. He will no longer take anymore jobs. Because he is promised alot when he goes on a job. Then when he gets to the site after a short time some hick boss comes up to him and says something like. Son we got to cut your rate. You ain't doin things the way we would like them done. My buddy after alot of hesitation changes to what his employers want him to do even though he knows it is wrong and then the real crap hits the fan. The inspectors after 2 weeks come in for a check and the y ask my buddy what the hell he's doin, he explains he's just doing what his employer told him to do. After along chat with the inspector my buddy is proven knowlegable his boss was thrown off the job site, and my buddy had to redo the job under his own contract. That so called boss of his, with 35 years experience and his own company cost the client almost two hundred thousand dollars in redoes. Lucky thing for job insurance wasn't it.(wacky)(claw)
This is CABL.com posting #138825. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKhh
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Alot of jokers out there deleted 11/23/2004 8:58:00 PM