Create your free account now! Sign up

Rain Day

Well, it's raining up here in Minnesota today, & yes, we could work, but a pickle & an olive at a bar that opens up before 10am seems more up my alley. We've done our time in the rain, but today we're staying dry & warm. Not sure if what "School" we belong to, but were taught by some "Old Schooler's". Do the phrases "10 drops in a circle" (How big is that circle anyway?), "The lasher slides on wet strand", "Don't want the tools to rust", "Get out the cards, ante up, the house rules", sound familiar to anyone out there? (nod)

Sure, we've all done our time in the rain, but some of my fondest memories are the rain days we opted not to work. Fill the bar, drunk by noon. That's livin' the dream. There's so much negativity out there today, but I'm not giving up! This is still the best job I've ever had. (smokin)

What other industry can you get together & collectively choose to shut down, go to the bar, get sh*tfaced, tell cable fables about how many hundred poles a day you did in wreckout, the time you belted off over strand, or walked bell to the middle of a river crossing to free the lasher up, & all the other great war stories we all know, cause they get bigger every time it rains. (beerchug)

Just one more, then we GOTTA go.....(wave)

This is CABL.com posting #138635. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKed
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Rain Day deleted 11/20/2004 9:03:00 AM
Re: Rain Day dalton 11/19/2004 6:44:00 PM
Re: Rain Day DZW! 11/19/2004 5:50:00 PM
Re: Rain Day cablepro222000 11/19/2004 2:16:00 PM
Re: Rain Day cable492 11/19/2004 12:52:00 PM