Create your free account now! Sign up

THE Good Ole Days!!

Everybody should of lived back then. Here's a culmanation of speals of ass beatins I've seen take place working as a professional bouncer. Ft. Lauderdale Florida, 1976, Art Stocks Playpen South. You got to understand this Club has a 2800 person capacity. Sometimes we would arrive for work there would be 300+ people standing in line waiting to get in. Art Stock who owned the place, also owned 12 other night clubs, may be some old timers might remember the playpen north on Jersey Shore. We had 21 bartenders, 12 bouncers, 1 slide man,1 assit.mgr & 1 manager one cook and one kitchen helper. I was in there when it was packed to capacity. In the front room ,There was 5 bars,1 tee shirt counter, 1kitchen,,two big bathrooms. The two bars on your right and left were huge they had a full rock and roll band that preformed within each bar. The Bands would alternate , as soon as one stopped, the other one started. In the back room there was a disco, it was killer, unbelievably lighted dance floor overhead and under your feet. termendous light show throuought the room, DJ booth,four bars, two bathrooms,1liquior and beer room, two halways, one on either end. The inside and outside of the building was finished like big holed coral rock. It was like south beach and spring break is now. The story I came here to tell was about the hardest I've ever seen any man hit by another mans fist. In each room there was two sets of lights located in stratigic locations as they could be seen from anywhere in the bar. In the disco room it was above the liquor room door. There was five little red bulbs and four flood lights. The little red lights were for the slide man four,one for each individual bar and one telling him that a bar in the front room needed something. The other four were different colored flood lights each one designating a certain area for a fight. It was as a bouncer your purpose was to desperse the confration quickly by whatever means of force necessary. The lights showed the bouncer where within the bar a fight was and we had to run to that area and end it before it had the whole bar fighting. The Story, A man was getting out of hand at the front bar in the back room. Dennis,the slide man,(who is 6'8" tall) and me approach the man and ask him to leave(when you got too much Jack Daniels in you you just aren't thinking right) so the man says no. Dennis and I grab him by the arms and start to take him outside, he breaks free from me and swings at Dennis(Not Good if he is 6'8" his arms are as long as a mans legs) Dennis smokes him in the head ,his head hits the cash register and the bartender has to catch it to keep it from hitting the floor, the mans out, we pick him up by the arms, he comes back too, and Breaks loose from Dennis this time, I turn loose of him to hit him and out of the corner of my eye I see" Coon Dog" (HIS NICKNAME ) comming over the Bar,(THE Bartender) One hand one foot touched the bar ,Coon Dog sailed over the bar and hit the man with what us necks call a haymaker. He knocked him slam over to the other bar. The mans flying body knocks people down. Me and Dennis Drag the mans lifless body out. Once out front the man comes back too, but its too late, the cops are there, he goes to Bitc.hin where are my shoes, so the cop ask me to go back in and see if I can find his shoes. I go to the back room and look for his shoes, they are both laying next to the bar, they were penny loafers, looked like you had steped out of them. In my mind I saw the man flying through the air,thought to myself dam.n knocked him slam out my shoes. I'll always remember that. Thee next little story I'll write I will call the Bruce Springstein Story it also takes place at the playpen south. Later "WHITFIELD"(usa)(pimp)(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #138233. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ7J
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: THE Good Ole Days!! JohnJ 11/15/2004 11:30:00 AM
Re: THE Good Ole Days!! deleted 11/11/2004 7:52:00 PM