Create your free account now! Sign up

made in the USA

Please be patient I am trying to make a point I think!!!
Tonight i was on the phone with my "tech support" for my fairly new cumputer. After spending 45mins trying to understand someone from India I hung up in disgust. I started looking around my room and tried to find something that i use regularly that is made entirely in the USA.
Computer-no Radio/Stereo-no Lamp-no Stapler-no
Webster's dictionary-yes RCA TV-no Bible-yes Calculator-no
Copenhagen-yes Converse shoes(now owned by Nike)-no

Then i started to go around the house
Maytag washer-no GE Stove and frig-not sure 2nd RCA TV-no
DVD player-no daughters Mattel toys-no beer(BUD)-yes
Levi's-no Wrangler's-no Red Wings-yes Sig 45cal.-no
Daisy red rider-yes(not sure about newer ones)

Then i went out to the shed
Power tools-no Klein tools-yes Craftsmen-yes Mower-no
Louisville slugger-yes Mizuno glove-no
Then i went to the Front of house
Annin American flag-yes ( I passed on the flags at Home Depot that were made in China) Garden hose-no Light fixture-no
Ford truck and car-no I started to get cold so i came back in and got on the internet.
In 2001 the US Army placed a order to have 1000's of black berets made in China. Only until soldiers refused to wear them did they remove the order and place it with a american company.
About 80% of Wal-Marts merch. is foreign made but the founder Sam Walton's autobiography is titled "Made in America"
This isnt any kind of political statement and i dont need any education on the state of the economy and why a majority of things arent made in the US.
Since tomorrow is Veterans Day i thought i would somehow show some type of support for American made products that veterans fought for.
I'm sure i could find some more but i think i made my point or I just wasted 2hrs. If anyone has any american products that i havent listed please add.
This is CABL.com posting #138193. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ65
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: made in the USA dustyboots 11/11/2004 9:49:00 AM
Re: made in the USA deleted 11/11/2004 9:21:00 AM