Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: digitalDIRECT

Another note, slander-if someone says something that is true, then it is not slander. In order to win a slander case, the statement said has to be proved false. (which is hard)
But there is a alternative, Libel- when someone says something that can demonstrate real financial injury in addition to damages to their reputation.
So if this keeps going like it is and a certain person does succeed in revoking Digital Directs contract with this Prosatt. company to where it makes a financial dent on DD then it is obvious that someone can sue for damages. I think you have up to a year after the incident to sue, but I could be wrong. If Digital Direct is a big company and they get 100 installs a week from one contract and that amounting up to say an average of 70$ a job to be safe, that would be 364,000 dollars worth of damage. I did do some reasearch on this , if you go to google.com and type in texas libel law. You can find all sorts of info including one web site that has listed 20 lawyers in Houston, TX alone that loves these kind of cases. Hope this helped. I would suggest to just go to digital direct and give them signed copys like they want and everyone will be happy.
This is CABL.com posting #138136. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ6a
Posted in reply to: Re: digitalDIRECT by CableJoeX
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: digitalDIRECT installdude 11/10/2004 12:40:00 AM