Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The path of current nonpay companies.....

AMEN to that Jay, I can remember all the way back to the very first company I worked for. American Spliceco Inc. Michael Breakfield was the President. We were working in Cinn. Ohio. It was a Dual cube system with c- cor actives. I was a young dog back then. I started cable after leaving the mob, in Florida. I was in excellent condition, I ran six miles a day , did a thousand sit ups a day,sets of 250 with very little rest between sets, and lifted all kinds of steel, beat the heavy and speed bag all the time, I was a deadly individual. Anyway Michael Breakfield knew this when he hired me. American Spliceco was leaving Cinn. to go to Dallas Texas and Huston. I had along with another man driven two buckets to dallas, I decided to leave spliceco as I was engaged to a woman from Cinn. and I wanted no part of Dallas. I was in Spliceco's warehouse office , James Nolan was their project mgr. after Wayne and Lee Blanchard had left, Nolan was a small man, he started with the company to be a splicer, I was the man supposed to teach him how to climb and splice, I'll never forget it. I had climbed the pole and safteyed off, James struggled up the other side of the pole, he finally got up the other side and safetyed off ,he was much older than I was, I looked at him , he was literly shaking scared to death breathing very heavy. I said to him are you all right James, he said I shouldn't be up here, I said what do you mean, he says I've had an operation on both arms where the had to remove muscles in my forearms. I'm like Jesus Christ you have no business climbing poles then , I said catch your breath and go back down, I worried about him all the way to the bottom of the pole. Spliceco had then moved him into the office and up to project mgr. when Lee left, Anyway Spliceco owed me about 1400.00 dollars and it was my last check and I wanted paid in full to take my finance down to my home town. James Nolan was in the office and one of the people from the system from at that Time ,TW was Warner Amex, anyway I wanted my check, and James tells me I had to wait till my work was rode out and approved before I could get paid. I blew up into a rage, scared the man from WA so bad he left the office. I told James you get Breakfield on the phone and tell him if he doesn't get me my money now I'll fly home and break both of his f.ucken legs. He made the call to keep me from kicking his ass right then, Mike told them to cut me a check for half of what they owed me and when I got to Morehead City I could get the rest. Well two days later, I get to the office in Morehead, I walk in to see Mr. B, he says to his wife Kay, see this man , he's the reason I haven't slept good for the last two nights. They paid me out. When I went Back to Cinn. I went to Work for Jackson. End of story. Its a shame when people don't want to pay you and you have done the work. I'm with Jay , If you don't get paid. Ask Terry Clark, I wait years and be your friend just to get you back. 1800.oo in Jackonsville is why, when I cut the well out of his skiff and put a new bottom ,Transom, custom built console and seat,and pait job on that skiff it cost him 10,000. That was about 10 years after he stung me. I don't get mad I get even.
"WHITFIELD"(usa)(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #137958. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ3i
Posted in reply to: The path of current nonpay companies..... by hawkeye2
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: The path of current nonpay companies..... multsat 11/7/2004 4:46:00 PM
Re: The path of current nonpay companies..... signal2 11/6/2004 10:16:00 AM