Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Missing Weapons

To All Concerned on this Particular Issue:

As loathe as I am to sound as if I'm partisan one way or the other, I feel it's important to clarify this "Missing Weapons" story for all of you.

Prior to retiring from the Naval Service in October 2002, I served under 5 different Presidential Administrations. The United States military is an incredible bureaucratic nightmare, like most of the Federal Government. It is run by folks who have been inside those services since the Johnson Administration.

With respect to the Department of Defense, very little changes from President to President. You may see a pay increase, you may see a drop or increase in weapons procurement or the like. What you will not see is a change in the way Commanders run their troops, the way troops are trained etc. George Bush is no more responsible for Abu Ghraib and this "missing weapons" non-story to the same extent Jimmy Carter was responsible for the failed attempt and blunder that was the hostage rescue mission in Iran in 1979.

Carter was labled a weak leader for that incredibly unfairly. Military Commanders could have pulled that off but failed. Carter would have appeared completely different. His policies did not create that. Nor did Bush's policies create the perceived "blunders" in Iraq.

Anyway, vote your conscience. Vote based on the issues you feel strongly about. Not what you've heard, what you've seen ! Make this a better country. Don't be misled by this garbage, swiftboat partisans, moveon.org partisans, or any other group or media with an agenda. I'm amazed at how an issue such as the Iraq War can be viewed by so many in this country as a righteous triumph or as a complete disaster. It's neither. It's not a black and white issue. As with so many things, no political side is 100% right.

Regardless, I wish you all a safe journey to your polling place. May your God, however you see him/her bring this country to a swift decision on November 2nd so we can move on from the politics of fear, spun equally from both sides. This is at the root of what divides us.

Jerry Ketsdever
This is CABL.com posting #137574. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJW6
Posted in reply to: Missing Weapons by FiberSlasher
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Missing Weapons FiberSlasher 10/28/2004 6:56:00 PM