Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: .16 to splice

You said : No offense to anyone on this thread, but everyone on this message board has to wake up.
Scarecrow says: Offense taken. First you say no offense to anyone, then you include everyone.
You said: The prices are down and not coming back. All you guys can sit at home and complain and wait for better days, while others adapt and keep working. The prices of the past are gone. They will not come back.
Scarecrow says: I'm not real sure what crystal ball your gazing into. How do you know they wont come back? As a matter of fact, we happen to be working in a CATV environment that is paying comparable prices to those of a few years ago. True they are not at peak price, but a helluva lot better than some of the crap I've seen posted in here.
You said:Just about all the major upgrades are done.
Scarecrow says: So what. It may take some time, but there are plenty of other opportunities out there in this business, now and in the future.
You said:You all might as well trade in coring tools for fiber strippers. Fiber splicing will be the only area where prices start to climb. Coax is dead. Just my opinion.
Scarecrow says: Geez! Guess I oughta' call the MSO and tell them the same thing. Maybe they'll be kind enough to bury all the work they have out in front of us. Additionally, you couldn't possibly have priced fiber splicing past vs. present. If you had, your keyboard would have revolted at the ignorance it was fixing to have its keys stroked too.
This is CABL.com posting #137264. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJR6
Posted in reply to: Re: .16 to splice by dwpe876
There are 0 replies to this message