Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: .16 to splice

I didn't even bother picking up the phone, it seems to be a growing trend is this industy, covering up retro prices that is, now if all I have to do is change out and balance all the actives, and then all the face plates, oh and then change out all the feed threw fittings, well that sounds like a retro to me, now most MSO's pay out .40 to .50 a Ft, primes pay out .26 to .34, the lowest I've ever seen or worked for that is was Spanpro which was all unit price but it broke down to about .23, but there wasn't any QC or specs, basicly a chop and stab, never saw so many black balled hacks on one project before, anyway the sad part about this posting, (the .16 up-grade) is that there is going to be a bunch of guys that jump on it which is going to drive the #'s down even further, hacks I might add, and another thing that I have noticed about the MSO's as of late is that they don't really care how the plant looks or works, (upper management) so you saved a couple bucks by using refurbished equipment, got a bunch of hacks to chop it all in and everyone is patting these guys on the back because they did such a good job? And of course this all falls back on the system guys/techs because now they have to keep this sh*t up and running, I never thought I'd see the day where I cut out a tap on a retro that was in better shape than the one I was splicing back in, well I heard an old southern saying years ago: You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t, and this will all come back on them, most these hack jobs will fall apart in a year or so and hopefully they will learn by thier mistakes, (ya right), this is just my opinion but if you want a 3 million dollar system, well the price is 3 million.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #137247. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJRP
Posted in reply to: .16 to splice by BigG
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: .16 to splice dwpe876 10/21/2004 1:46:00 PM