Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Good Ole Days

If you look at what we needed back in the early days (late 1970's) we were young, dumb.....and didn't plan for the future. We lived by the seat of our pants, just to make it to the days end for a beer.
The cable industry was much like us in the 70's and was in a growth period with no pressure from shareholders to perform.

Well it's my feeling it's a new day and we need to adapt or look for the beer at the end of the day.

I was on the MSO side of the business from 1977 to 1997 and moved to the contractor side. I am currently on the management side, and my employees are more then happy with the respect I give them for a hard days work along with the compensation and benefits they recieve.

I haven't or ever will except a project were my employees can not support thier families with the compensation along with keeping my boss happy with the margins.

There is still a ton of money in the future to be made so l will continue in the business with supporting my folks with a decent living. The money now is on the service side (i.e. Installation) the plant is built and with node splitting and channel compression will not require futher up-grades for years.
This is CABL.com posting #137122. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJPO
Posted in reply to: Re: The Good Ole Days by SCcabledude
There are 0 replies to this message